- The Two Finger Guitarist: Pentatonic Superimpositions on Dominant Seventh (blues) chords.
- The Two Finger Guitarist: Notebook page 1.
- The Two Finger Guitarist. pages 2-3. Compare and contrast E7 alt. with E7+ whole tone with Pat Martino augmented transformations. get it?
- Amigo photos with Tiquipaya Golden Blues Band
- ARTISTIC AWARDS/FELLOWSHIPS/RESIDENCIES
- Fulbright Scholar/Artist 2017-20. Cochabamba, Bolivia
- Follow cristianamigo.com___bluesero guitarist on WordPress.com
Blogs I Follow
Dawg Tagsatonal theory avant-garde Blues Bluesero chamber music country music CSUN distortion environmental art EPI Emperor Regent ethnomusicology extended techniques Fender stratocaster Fender telecaster FLORIDA STATE Gotham Roots Orchestra graphic scores Guggenheim Fellowship Hagstrom Viking Ibanez Artist improvisation Innova Recordings INTAR Latino Theatre jam-band Kingdom of Jones Led Zeppelin Les Paul low capitalist activity new music noise nono/nona recordings opera politics psychedelic recycled instruments roots music Smithsonian Center for Folklife and Cutural Heritage UCLA Violeta Parra
Faced with the prospect of a long and painful recovery for my broken left hand ring finger, I’ve decided to incorporate new (for me) two and three finger approaches into my overall technique. When I eventually recover my long standing four finger technique, I’ll also retain the new things I’m systematically learning and developing. Truthfully, it opens up new expressive possibilities even though the learning curve is daunting. I’ve actually wanted to do this for a long time considering the guitar stylings of many players including George Benson, Jimi Hendrix, and Roy Buchanan among many others. Of course, Django Reinhardt is the direct inspiration and this study is dedicated to him, his music, and his spirit. I hope to be ready for some jam sessions in about a month with some of these new approaches. Here’s the first page from my THE TWO FINGER GUITARIST notebook: diminished patterns over dominant seventh chords. I’ll also reactivate my long neglected cristianamigo.com site if you want to follow this study. It can pay off for you four finger or physically challenged guitarist types.