LUMEN 2013 is a video and performance art festival featuring site-specific projections, new media, installations, and performance art by an international group of over 50 artists. Making use of Staten Island’s under-utilized waterfront, LUMEN will be held at Lyons Pool, a publicly-owned NYC Department of Parks and Recreation site that is named after Joseph H. Lyons. Originally known as Tompkinsville Playground in tribute to the surrounding community and its founder, the remarkable Daniel D. Tompkins (1774-1825), it is located at 6 Victory Blvd (at Murray Hulbert Ave.), Staten Island, NY 10301, about a 5 minute bus or train ride via public transportation from the SI ferry terminal. It is also an 8 minute bike ride or 15 minute walk from the St. George Ferry Terminal in downtown Staten Island.
- Fulbright Scholar/Artist 2017-20. Bolivia
- NYFA Collection Vol 2 (Innova Recordings), produced by Amigo and P. Blackburn DROPS December 11!!
- Amigo and Kevin Mambo (¡Fela!) @ EastSide Sound adding final touches on their new blues/soul EP for 2016!
- Allen Toussaint. RIP and thank you.
- Tango With the maestros in NYC
- KLON KTR ($269) or JOYO SWEET BABY ($30)
- Follow cristianamigo.com on WordPress.com
Blogs I Follow
Dawg TagsAmericana Amigo anti-capitalist ASPCA atonal theory avant-garde Blues blues-rock chamber music country music distortion EPI Emperor Regent ethnomusicology extended techniques Fender stratocaster Fender telecaster Gotham Roots Orchestra graphic scores Guggenheim Fellowship. guitars Hagstrom Viking Ibanez Artist improvisation Innova Recordings jam-band Kingdom of Jones Led Zeppelin Les Paul new music noise nono/nona recordings opera politics psychedelic recycled instruments roots music San Dimas Charvel Smithsonian Center for Folklife and Cutural Heritage UCLA Violeta Parra