Composer Kristin Norderval will present three character studies from a new opera She is composing about the life and trials of Argentine human rights activist Patricia Isasa. This is a chance to hear the first bits of music from this large work in development! Singers and instrumentalists for this event: Daniel Pincus and Emily Donato are singing, (as well as myself), Daniel Binelli joins on bandoneon, Cristian Amigo on guitar, Isabel Castellvi on cello, and Kevin Norton, on percussion. And of course long term Ensemble Pi members Airi Yoshioka on violin and Idith Meshulam on piano. Eduardo Leandro will be conducting. See above for times and location.
- Fulbright Scholar/Artist 2017-20. Bolivia
- NYFA Collection Vol 2 (Innova Recordings), produced by Amigo and P. Blackburn DROPS December 11!!
- Amigo and Kevin Mambo (¡Fela!) @ EastSide Sound adding final touches on their new blues/soul EP for 2016!
- Allen Toussaint. RIP and thank you.
- Tango With the maestros in NYC
- KLON KTR ($269) or JOYO SWEET BABY ($30)
- Follow cristianamigo.com on WordPress.com
Blogs I Follow
Dawg TagsAmericana Amigo anti-capitalist ASPCA atonal theory avant-garde Blues blues-rock chamber music country music distortion EPI Emperor Regent ethnomusicology extended techniques Fender stratocaster Fender telecaster Gotham Roots Orchestra graphic scores Guggenheim Fellowship. guitars Hagstrom Viking Ibanez Artist improvisation Innova Recordings jam-band Kingdom of Jones Led Zeppelin Les Paul new music noise nono/nona recordings opera politics psychedelic recycled instruments roots music San Dimas Charvel Smithsonian Center for Folklife and Cutural Heritage UCLA Violeta Parra