Composer Kristin Norderval will present three character studies from a new opera She is composing about the life and trials of Argentine human rights activist Patricia Isasa. This is a chance to hear the first bits of music from this large work in development! Singers and instrumentalists for this event: Daniel Pincus and Emily Donato are singing, (as well as myself), Daniel Binelli joins on bandoneon, Cristian Amigo on guitar, Isabel Castellvi on cello, and Kevin Norton, on percussion. And of course long term Ensemble Pi members Airi Yoshioka on violin and Idith Meshulam on piano. Eduardo Leandro will be conducting. See above for times and location.
- The Two Finger Guitarist: Pentatonic Superimpositions on Dominant Seventh (blues) chords.
- The Two Finger Guitarist: Notebook page 1.
- The Two Finger Guitarist. pages 2-3. Compare and contrast E7 alt. with E7+ whole tone with Pat Martino augmented transformations. get it?
- Amigo photos with Tiquipaya Golden Blues Band
- ARTISTIC AWARDS/FELLOWSHIPS/RESIDENCIES
- Fulbright Scholar/Artist 2017-20. Cochabamba, Bolivia
- Follow cristianamigo.com___bluesero guitarist on WordPress.com
Blogs I Follow
Dawg Tagsatonal theory avant-garde Blues Bluesero chamber music country music CSUN distortion environmental art EPI Emperor Regent ethnomusicology extended techniques Fender stratocaster Fender telecaster FLORIDA STATE Gotham Roots Orchestra graphic scores Guggenheim Fellowship Hagstrom Viking Ibanez Artist improvisation Innova Recordings INTAR Latino Theatre jam-band Kingdom of Jones Led Zeppelin Les Paul low capitalist activity new music noise nono/nona recordings opera politics psychedelic recycled instruments roots music Smithsonian Center for Folklife and Cutural Heritage UCLA Violeta Parra