Particular music theories contain solutions to culturally specific questions about musical structure and aesthetic value whose answers are then posed as objective universal realities. Music theories are more accurately described as music “strategies” whose questions already contain the answers. Transcendent musicians know better than to try to contain music in inherently dualistic, discursive, ergo linguistic, forms.
- NYFA Collection Vol 2 (Innova Recordings), produced by Amigo and P. Blackburn DROPS December 11!!
- Amigo and Kevin Mambo (¡Fela!) @ EastSide Sound adding final touches on their new blues/soul EP for 2016!
- Allen Toussaint. RIP and thank you.
- Tango With the maestros in NYC
- KLON KTR ($269) or JOYO SWEET BABY ($30)
- Amigo on Prepared Guitar Blog: 13 Questions
- Follow cristianamigo.com on WordPress.com
Blogs I Follow
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
Dawg TagsAmericana Amigo anti-capitalist ASPCA atonal theory avant-garde Blues blues-rock chamber music country music distortion EPI Emperor Regent ethnomusicology extended techniques Fender stratocaster Fender telecaster Gotham Roots Orchestra graphic scores Guggenheim Fellowship. guitars Hagstrom Viking Ibanez Artist improvisation Innova Recordings jam-band Kingdom of Jones Led Zeppelin Les Paul new music noise nono/nona recordings opera politics psychedelic recycled instruments roots music San Dimas Charvel Smithsonian Center for Folklife and Cutural Heritage UCLA Violeta Parra