Giant Steps is most often thought of as a chord progression in thirds, but another way to think of GS is as a meditation on the triple character of an augmented triad. On a guitar, this is an easier, fluid way to organize the materials in a manner that is both self contained (augmented) and tri-modal (B, Eb, G).
- The Two Finger Guitarist: Pentatonic Superimpositions on Dominant Seventh (blues) chords.
- The Two Finger Guitarist: Notebook page 1.
- The Two Finger Guitarist. pages 2-3. Compare and contrast E7 alt. with E7+ whole tone with Pat Martino augmented transformations. get it?
- Amigo photos with Tiquipaya Golden Blues Band
- ARTISTIC AWARDS/FELLOWSHIPS/RESIDENCIES
- Fulbright Scholar/Artist 2017-20. Cochabamba, Bolivia
- Follow cristianamigo.com___bluesero guitarist on WordPress.com
Blogs I Follow
Dawg Tagsatonal theory avant-garde Blues Bluesero chamber music country music CSUN distortion environmental art EPI Emperor Regent ethnomusicology extended techniques Fender stratocaster Fender telecaster FLORIDA STATE Gotham Roots Orchestra graphic scores Guggenheim Fellowship Hagstrom Viking Ibanez Artist improvisation Innova Recordings INTAR Latino Theatre jam-band Kingdom of Jones Led Zeppelin Les Paul low capitalist activity new music noise nono/nona recordings opera politics psychedelic recycled instruments roots music Smithsonian Center for Folklife and Cutural Heritage UCLA Violeta Parra