Is it my imagination, or are there more self-proclaimed musical “geniuses” in NYC than elsewhere? Among the emails this week, a new music dude who compares himself to Prince and Mozart. Really? Let history decide, yo. You could practice meanwhile. -EOTB
- Fulbright Scholar/Artist 2017-20. Bolivia
- NYFA Collection Vol 2 (Innova Recordings), produced by Amigo and P. Blackburn DROPS December 11!!
- Amigo and Kevin Mambo (¡Fela!) @ EastSide Sound adding final touches on their new blues/soul EP for 2016!
- Allen Toussaint. RIP and thank you.
- Tango With the maestros in NYC
- KLON KTR ($269) or JOYO SWEET BABY ($30)
- Follow cristianamigo.com on WordPress.com
Blogs I Follow
Dawg TagsAmericana Amigo anti-capitalist ASPCA atonal theory avant-garde Blues blues-rock chamber music country music distortion EPI Emperor Regent ethnomusicology extended techniques Fender stratocaster Fender telecaster Gotham Roots Orchestra graphic scores Guggenheim Fellowship. guitars Hagstrom Viking Ibanez Artist improvisation Innova Recordings jam-band Kingdom of Jones Led Zeppelin Les Paul new music noise nono/nona recordings opera politics psychedelic recycled instruments roots music San Dimas Charvel Smithsonian Center for Folklife and Cutural Heritage UCLA Violeta Parra