This week I gig with one of my heros, the anthropologist, anthropoetist Renato Rosaldo. It’s really too much. I also get to play with the maestro Gustavo Aguilar whose melodicism on the drums exceeds string players I know. Also, G and I will record an improv record over the long weekend. Another release of weird experimental music…yeah.
- Fulbright Scholar/Artist 2017-20. Bolivia
- NYFA Collection Vol 2 (Innova Recordings), produced by Amigo and P. Blackburn DROPS December 11!!
- Amigo and Kevin Mambo (¡Fela!) @ EastSide Sound adding final touches on their new blues/soul EP for 2016!
- Allen Toussaint. RIP and thank you.
- Tango With the maestros in NYC
- KLON KTR ($269) or JOYO SWEET BABY ($30)
- Follow cristianamigo.com on WordPress.com
Blogs I Follow
Dawg TagsAmericana Amigo anti-capitalist ASPCA atonal theory avant-garde Blues blues-rock chamber music country music distortion EPI Emperor Regent ethnomusicology extended techniques Fender stratocaster Fender telecaster Gotham Roots Orchestra graphic scores Guggenheim Fellowship. guitars Hagstrom Viking Ibanez Artist improvisation Innova Recordings jam-band Kingdom of Jones Led Zeppelin Les Paul new music noise nono/nona recordings opera politics psychedelic recycled instruments roots music San Dimas Charvel Smithsonian Center for Folklife and Cutural Heritage UCLA Violeta Parra