- BLUEFISH DUB (deep water guitar mix)
- STOP POLICE BRUTALITY REMIX
- GET READY (karma’s gonna get you) w/Kevin Mambo – extended guitar mix
- Amigo answers 13 Questions on the Prepared Guitar Blog
- Some unreleased Miles to make your day/life better
- Rodrigo Baggio’s “The Rolling Outcome” w/Amigo & A. Babin
- “Blues Fell On My Head” from 166 Blues and Americana Songs
- “Native Son” from 166 Blues and Americana Songs
- The blues are a living, breathing African American art form
- Tilted Axes 2013
- Late on posts: gone fishing in California, Nevada, and Mexico.
- The Grove Dictionary of American Music and Grove Music Online add articles about Amigo and his music.
- “It (the guitar) opens the portal to another dimension.”
- CONJURE @ INTAR CONTINUES WITH WILLIAM HOOKER (solo) AND THE CRISTIAN AMIGO GROUP (A. Drury –drums, JD Parran-woodwinds, K. Ray-bass)
- fotos: JD PARRAN TRIO @ Conjure Collective Tuesday Night Concerts
- NSA-USA: Sound as Prophecy @ Emily Harvey Foundation, NOV 15,16.
- w/ jill sigman/thinkdance, miguel frasconi and kristen norderval @ Baryshnikov Arts Center/NYC
- DERIVAS eL Paper Magazine @ McNally Jackson on Sat. Sept. 28.
- Incoming Fall Gigs and…
Dawg TagsAmericana Amigo anti-capitalist ASPCA atonal theory avant-garde Blues blues-rock chamber music country music CSUN distortion environmental art EPI Emperor Regent ethnomusicology extended techniques Fender stratocaster Fender telecaster FLORIDA STATE Gotham Roots Orchestra graphic scores Guggenheim Fellowship. guitars Hagstrom Viking Ibanez Artist improvisation Innova Recordings INTAR NewMusic Series INTAR RootsMusic Series jam-band Kingdom of Jones Led Zeppelin Les Paul low capitalist activity new music noise non-capitalist activity nono/nona recordings opera politics psychedelic recycled instruments roots music San Dimas Charvel Smithsonian Center for Folklife and Cutural Heritage UCLA Violeta Parra
Category Archives: BLOG: CRISTIANAMIGO.COM
The soooooooooul train.
Originally posted on OM Soundscrapers:
Children, plants, animals, and telecasters give me hope.
Composer’s Voice presents Rodrigo Baggio’s “The Rolling Outcome” performed by Cristian Amigo, guitar and Angela Babin, guitar for the 4th Annual Trajetória Brasileira concert at the Jan Hus Church, February 23, 2014.
C. Amigo: guitar and vocals Blues Fell On My Head (C. Amigo) Blues fell down on my head in my kitchen On my bed Blues fell down like tears on my garden in my fears Blues fell down like … Continue reading
guitars and vocals: Amigo Native Son (music and lyrics by C. Amigo) My woes keep me down again My woes keep me down again Gringo man don’t you know me? I’m the rising son I’m the native son Lord show … Continue reading
The meaning of the blues is centrally realized in performance because that musical action defiantly claims “I’m still here and will overcome” the conditions referenced in the text and sound. The blues are a living, breathing African American art form. … Continue reading