- CONJURE @ INTAR CONTINUES WITH WILLIAM HOOKER (solo) AND THE CRISTIAN AMIGO GROUP (A. Drury –drums, JD Parran-woodwinds, K. Ray-bass)
- fotos: JD PARRAN TRIO @ Conjure Collective Tuesday Night Concerts
- NSA-USA: Sound as Prophecy @ Emily Harvey Foundation, NOV 15,16.
- w/ jill sigman/thinkdance, miguel frasconi and kristen norderval @ Baryshnikov Arts Center/NYC
- DERIVAS eL Paper Magazine @ McNally Jackson on Sat. Sept. 28.
- Incoming Fall Gigs and…
- On teaching kids.
- Pat Martino’s “Sacred Geometry”: Simplify the Fretboard
- Triad Superimposition: Find What YOU Like
- dogcatpiggoatdogbirdbutterfly paradise
- Transcription of Some of Miles’ Phrasing in 1967
- Piece: Solo or Group Event No. 1- 2011
- New Amigo Business Card: Hell’s Kitchen Music Group (HKMG)
- Daphne Rubin-Vega’s FREQUENTLY UNANSWERED QUESTIONS @ LABYRINTH INTENSIVE
- Tor Snyder & Irrepressible Spirit – w/Cristian Amigo/Anais Maviel/Amari Snyder
- Lumen 2013: Performing Izzi Ramkissoon’s Killswitch w/Sean Statser and Eric Cooper
- Vox Novus / Composers Voice 5th Annual Guitar Concert
- music/video: Kingdom of Jones – Quadrant 2
- Gotham Roots Orchestra, Michael Gomez, Dog Adrift
- jill sigman/thinkdance and OVERGROUND PHYSICAL THEATER COMPANY at MUSIC AND DANCE @ INTAR
Dawg TagsAmericana Amigo anti-capitalist ASPCA atonal theory avant-garde Blues blues-rock chamber music country music CSUN distortion environmental art EPI Emperor Regent ethnomusicology extended techniques Fender stratocaster Fender telecaster FLORIDA STATE Gotham Roots Orchestra graphic scores Guggenheim Fellowship. guitars Hagstrom Viking Ibanez Artist improvisation Innova Recordings INTAR NewMusic Series INTAR RootsMusic Series jam-band Kingdom of Jones Led Zeppelin Les Paul low capitalist activity new music noise non-capitalist activity nono/nona recordings opera politics psychedelic recycled instruments roots music San Dimas Charvel Smithsonian Center for Folklife and Cutural Heritage UCLA Violeta Parra
Category Archives: BLOG: CRISTIANAMIGO.COM
CONJURE @ INTAR CONTINUES WITH WILLIAM HOOKER (solo) AND THE CRISTIAN AMIGO GROUP (A. Drury –drums, JD Parran-woodwinds, K. Ray-bass)
CONJURE @ INTAR CONTINUES WITH WILLIAM HOOKER (solo) AND THE CRISTIAN AMIGO GROUP (A. Drury –drums, JD Parran-woodwinds, K. Ray-bass) The Conjure Music Collective continues CONJURE @ INTAR, a performance series launched in October 2013 in partnership with INTAR, the … Continue reading
fotos: Angelo Branford
NSA-USA: Sound as Prophecy Installation/performance by Warren Neidich Curated by Octavio Zaya Emily Harvey Foundation, 537 Broadway, NY NY 10012 Friday, November 15th from 6:30 – 8:00 pm Saturday, November 16th, from 6:30-8:00pm Collaborative Performers: Cristian Amigo, Joshua Carro, Michael … Continue reading
w/ jill sigman/thinkdance, miguel frasconi and Kristen Norederval @ Baryshnikov Arts Center/NYC. Oct 15-19, 2013.
Saturday, September 28 th, Derivas @ 7PM, McNally Jackson Books Mapa de Rutas, 6PM, meeting point: outside the bookstore. 52 Prince St. NY, NY – DERIVAS eL Paper Magazine is pleased to present Derivas, a bilingual and multimedia poetry reading … Continue reading
XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO Some of the beautiful projects coming my way in the fall and winter of 2013-14. Collaborations with: 1. Renato Rosaldo and Gustavo Aguilar on opera The Balinese Cockfight, 2. w/Kevin Mambo (Fela of Fela fame) on his upcoming CD, … Continue reading
I like teaching musicians because you can change their outlook and artistic trajectory. I love teaching kids because you can change their life.
PDF: GuitarPlayer_April_2004 Jude Gold’s article from GP 2004 is an awesome thing for guitarists to learn.
If you just catalog the 12 possibilities inherent in superimposing major and minor triads over a (in this example) C root, then you can pick the ones that sound good to you you rather than just lifting somebody else’s system … Continue reading